Looking for ideas for what to do with your kids when schools are closed for special days off in Howard County during the 2019 – 2020 school year?
Here are a few of the organizations that I know of that can provide care and learning during days off such as spring break, fall break, teacher in-service days, and other days off during the school year.
- Idea Lab – Lots of cool school’s out camps. Located on Redland Road in Ellicott City. See a list of camps and dates here.
- Howard County Conservancy – [2021-2022 registrations are open] Great camps my kids really enjoy these. Beautiful locations in Elkridge and Woodstock. For example, this year, on the break for September 30, 2019, they have a reasonably priced called “Gardens Galore” that seems like loads of fun!.
- Club Science Kids – [2021-2022 registrations are open via Howard County Recreation and Parks] I love these camps and so do my kids. Great organization. Your child is going to have a great time and they will learn some STEM! Camps are located in various places including the Maryland International School in Elkridge.
- Active Kids Camp – [2021-2022 registrations are open] They have a variety of sports camps. You may need to look around their site for this year’s camps.
- Howard County Recreation and Parks – Always a good choice. They have many choices, from sports to science.
- Columbia Association – CA is offering a few camps over school breaks. These vary. Please check their page for a list of upcoming “school’s out” camps. Options at several locations.[Upcoming Birthday Party? See my huge list of places to hold a birthday party in Howard County, Baltimore County, Montgomery County, and Anne Arundel County][Looking for birthday party ideas for your kids? See my curated list of ideas!]
- Lifetime Fitness – Lifetime Fitness in Columbia offers some worthwhile camps for days off and for summer break.
- Soccer Association of Columbia/Howard County (SAC) – Full and half day sessions with before/after care. Day off sports clinics $70/day and Spring break camp is $250 for full day (price may change)
- Kid Museum – Outside of Howard County in Bethesda, Md, but possibly worth the trip, especially if you happen to work in Montgomery County. Kid Museum has some great offerings for camps.
- Brickz for Kids – Lego camp held at the Roger Carter Community Center in Ellicott City. These look like great fun at reasonable prices!
- Howard County Youth Program Basketball Camp – Boys and girls camps held at Centennial High School in Ellicott City.
- Drama Learning Center – Drama camps – Located on Red Branch Rd near Route 108.
- Columbia Center for Theatrical Arts – Located on Dobbin Road, this venue has after school programs and camps for middle and elementary schoolers.
- Howard County Schools – Howard County Schools may offer sports camps on days school is closed. Check their website for schedules and locations.
- Silver Knights Chess and Programming Camps – They offer camps during Spring Break only in Howard County (last year at the Roger Carter Center in Ellicott City). Check the link above to see if they have added any local day off camp programs as they have them in some locations.
Looking for Summer Camps? See my list of great summer camps in Howard County Md. Alot of these camps would also be great ideas for birthday party ideas. See my complete list of Howard County party ideas for kids.
I also maintain a list of party ideas for Baltimore County and birthdays for Anne Arundel County. I also have a list of restaurants that are great for kids in Howard County.
Help me build this list of schools out day camps. If you know of other places that offer camp during school vacations, days schools are closed, or breaks, let me know!